Game Vision Statement

In my Game Vision Statement I will be going into detail about my game using the following headings:

  • Introduction
  • Description
  • Key Features 
  • Genre
  • Platform
  • Resources Required
  • Links to Sources
  • Concept Art

Introduction 

I hadn't even thought of a name for my game but have decided to go with "Rapid River Race". 

Rapid River Race is a PC/Laptop one player game and it is a combination of Vehicle Simulation/Platform and Strategy. In it you will be in control of a boat sailing along a jungles river. You must collect coins and avoid obstacles before the time is up - if you do not - GAME OVER!

Description

The game will be set on a river in a jungle like location where you will be in charge of navigating the boat. In the game you will be racing against the clock to collect all the coins along the river. On your way you will face different obstacles like rocks and fallen trees which you must avoid. If you don't and you crash into these objects - the game is over. I went to the App Store on my phone to make sure that there wasn't a game with the same name already. 

Image Information - App Store Search


Key features

  • Navigating a boat on the river 
  • Collecting coins 
  • Avoid obstacles that are on the river 
  • Complete it before the time limit
  • You lose the game if you crash into any obstacles or run out of time 
  • You win the game if you collect all the coins in time and don't crash into any obstacles 

Genre 

I wasn't sure what genre my game fell into so I went online to research all the different genres (there is a lot). I found this this web page pretty helpful with helping me realise what genre my game was. The one that stuck out to me the most was Vehicle Simulation because in my game the player is in charge of how and where the boat will move down the river. I think it also slightly has elements of various different genres. Platform games can include players trying to avoid different obstacles. Strategy games require the player to use skill to complete levels. I think these two are relevant as in my game the player will have to be careful and use skill to avoid different obstacles along the course of the river. 

Platform

This will be the first game that I have ever created so with my skill level it will only be available to play on PC/Laptop.

Resources Required

There are many elements required to make my game and I will download them from the Unity Asset Store. I will need a boat for the player, different materials like trees, rocks, the sky and water for the river. I also need coins for the player to collect. Last week I went through the different tutorials that will help me out completing my game and I will provide links under the next heading.

Links to Sources 

The following links are tutorials that have information on how to include different nature elements like Rocks, Trees and Rivers within my game. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUsT7AgzcR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-w2thV140

The following links are tutorials that have information that will help when including a boat in my game. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_RIfCfMlPc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtcdkfvrQv0

The following link is a tutorial that shows how to include coins and how to collect them in your game. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvlPtAErGp0

I wanted to include a Win or Lose message in my game and this tutorial shows exactly how to do that. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVxdEZvQWo

In my game when the player hits into an obstacle like the tree or rock the game ends - this tutorial will help me achieve that element of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZ9_C4-Qbo

This forum on Unity explains how to include falling items in a game. I want to try and include a part that when the player is sailing down the river a tree will fall randomly and the player must avoid it to survive and complete the game. 

https://answers.unity.com/questions/1268493/how-to-make-objects-fall-when-the-player-gets-clos.html

I will also be using the Unity Asset store to download my game elements. 

Unity Asset Store

Concept art 

I included a sketch in my blog post from last week so I am just going to include it here too! It is not a very detailed sketch but in it you can see the boat (the player), the obstacles (rocks and trees),  the collectables (coins) and the river.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype