Unity Tutorial 04

So this weeks Unity Tutorial was split into two parts. The first part was the usual step by step tutorial where I watched then followed along. It was about things colliding in a game which I think will be quite helpful when it comes to making my game (in my game the game ends if the player collides with another object). I found this part fine, as usual I was on a roll until I forgot something as simple as a ";" at the end of coding which made me look back and waste 20 minutes! 

Image Information - Screenshot from Unity - 2.4 Collision Decision 

The second part I found much more difficult. Like the task a few weeks ago it was a Challenge Tutorial. In it you had to work by yourself to try and fix the coding for the game to work properly. Using the hints and looking at the final outcome video helped me somewhat, I figured out the first 4 parts by myself but the last 2 and the bonus made me very confused. I went back on previous tutorials to try figure out how to work the SpawnRandomBall prompt in Visual Studio but couldn't get it at all. I then went to YouTube to try and find a tutorial and did find one that kind of helped me out. I didn't complete the final step or the bonus tasks which makes me worry I'm not at the level I should be at but hopefully with time I will become better. 
Image Information - Screenshot from Unity - Challenge 2




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype