Unity Tutorial 10

So like last week instead of following the assigned Unity Tutorials we could instead go and find our own ones that would help in the development of our games. 

I haven't looked at my game since last week and it began with a rocky start. A couple of weeks ago I created a Timer and Gold Coin Collectables accompanied with functioning C# Scripts. When I opened up Unity today the scripts were there but the timer and coins were gone. I have both of the tutorials saved and they didn't take me too long so I will work on getting them back over the weekend!

Instead of focusing on stuff I had already done I decided I wanted to add a finish line which prompted a "YOU WIN" message but also doubled as a restart of the game once the level was completed. The link to the tutorial that I used can be found here.


Image Information - Screenshot of Tutorial 


The tutorial was so easy and really straightforward. In it the video uploader showed exactly what needed to be done accompanied with a voiceover. To summarise what needed to be done - I first had to make a Plane and add a mesh collider to it so that when my player collided with the plane it would prompt the message. The rest of the tutorial went through how to create C# Scripts and add the code that needed to be added to them. It works perfectly too so I'm delighted!

I feel like once I get my coins and timer back I'm almost at the finish line myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype