Unity Tutorial 03

So as I mentioned in my last post I wiped my Unity and had to do this Tutorial again! I actually really enjoyed doing this tutorial because I felt the game developed so much more by what was being added. 

The first part of the tutorial was about adding a Health Stat to your Character GameObject which started at 5 and decreased when you came in contact with Damageable Objects and Enemies. I then had to add a Health Collectible and add a script to it, by adding the script to it and inserting some code when my health did decrease I could pick up the Health Collectible to make it increase. 


Image Information: Screenshot from my Unity 

As I said above the health stat decreased when my character comes in contact with Damageable Objects and Enemies. In the second part of this week's tutorials you began to add these elements into your game. The first thing I added was the Damageable Object which were black and yellow spikes, I then added some script to it to let the game know that if my Player came in contact with them my health would decrease -1. After the script was set up I added my Enemy Object and followed the same process again. 

I didn't find this weeks tutorials too challenging and think that all the things that were covered would be very useful in the development of any game.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype