Unity Tutorial 01

Photo Information - unity logo


 So I just finished Lesson 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 of the Unity Lab Tutorials and they weren't nearly as bad as I first thought they would be! They were done step by step both on video and underneath the video where it explained what had to be done. 

I found it quite daunting at the start using a new software I'd never even heard of (in previous posts I've said I am not a gamer) and I wasn't sure how I would get on with it but it actually wasn't so bad in the end. The one thing that threw me off was the length of each tutorial but with the help of this tip I was given it didn't take too long at all. ------>

I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed getting to know how to use Unity. I thought it was pretty straightforward and it makes me excited knowing that the end goal of these tutorials is that I will eventually be making my own game. During one of the videos I messed up completely and lost my scene for about half an hour which made me really panic but I got it back in the end and didn't have to start from scratch.  Another issue that I had was that for a couple of days the videos kept buffering making it impossible to work on them.

One thing that I'm kind of nervous about is the coding, I found that part of the tutorials quite difficult which is understandable as it's my first time ever dealing with it so hopefully I gain more knowledge over the upcoming semester. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype