Unity Tutorial 08

Finally !! The last week of Unity Tutorials this semester. From next week on I will instead use Tutorials that will further help in the development of my game. I have been some tutorials the past few weeks so I will be sure to include them in next weeks post. 

So what did I think of the last Unity Tutorial? First off was Lesson 4.4 - "For-Loop For Waves". I actually got on pretty well with this one. It was one of the shorter ones we had to complete and there was only 5 actual steps to do to complete it. The steps were really straight forward and with the playback speed on the video increased x2 it didn't take long at all to finish it. The tutorial went over how to make multiple enemies spawn at once, I played around with this one and changed the number a few different times to see if it worked which it did. The picture below is when I changed the number to 3 enemies. 


The next thing the tutorial explained was how to destroy enemies would they had fallen off the sides of the platform. This will come in handy for my game once I pass my obstacles on the river so that their clones
don't just sit in my hierarchy. 

The final that it went through was how to spawn new Powerups when the original one was used and how to repeat it. This was an interesting step to know but I won't find it useful in my game. 

Next up was what I was dreading all week, the final Unity Challenge. I haven't had great luck with but gave it my best shot! I'm not going to lie I had to go back and look at the previous Unity Tutorial to do this whole Challenge but I got there in the end (kind of). It was pretty much the exact same as the tutorial above. In it when I hit the enemy it had to move away from me, I had to spawn new enemies once the previous ones were gone, I had to adjust the length of time the PowerUp lasted and also change the number of enemies spawn to 2. So with the previous tutorial I got up to Step 6 with no issues but when I looked at the Bonus Points I hadn't a clue so just gave up to be honest.

Not going to pretend I'll miss the Tutorials to be honest but I have to say I actually am enjoying making my game!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype