Week 9 - Reading and Writing

This week it's review week and I am reflecting on the reading and writing tasks for the previous 8 weeks. 

I think the Reading tasks have been okay so far. I much preferred the informative videos included in some of the weeks than the Academic Papers, I thought they were quite tedious and tough to get through. Although tedious they were helpful in the creation of my project and below I will speak about my favourite weeks.

The first thing that I did was went to my blog and searched for all my blogs with the label "Reading". When I looked back on each one my two favourites were definitely "Game Elements" in week 4 and "Games GDD" in week 6. Game Elements was very informative and went into more depth about the different gaming elements. Games GDD was a really helpful one, it told us exactly what a Game Design Document was, how to make one and also what should be included in it. The project task for that week was to create our own Design Document so reading this article before beginning to make my document made me feel a bit more confident about doing it. 

In the first couple of weeks of the reading tasks I sat down and read every single word of each article which was a big mistake. I realised that a lot of the content within the articles didn't even go towards my final blog post so I decided to just scan for keywords instead. Doing this made it much easier to gather content for my blog posts. 

I'm pretty happy with how my project is going so far! I haven't ran into many problems with Unity and the tutorials we have been doing each week have definitely helped with the creation of my game. In Week 1 I was really nervous but excited about this module and I never would have thought I would have been able to make a game (as basic as it is). Below is an image of how my game is currently looking. 



I think my biggest accomplishment in this module has been becoming better with my time management. Each week I have made plans about what I need to get done for the week and I think it's paid off massively. There has only been around 2/3 tasks I didn't submit for this module this semester and majority of them were submitted a day or two before they even needed to be submitted so it obviously worked out!

Looking at the next few weeks I will bring forward the new skills I have gained while doing reading tasks to finish the end of this semester. I don't know what's in store for Multimedia Development 2 but I'm sure some of the skills I have learned will be used next semester too!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype