Unity Tutorial 02

So I've had a bit of a nightmare with Unity over the past week. I was caught up the Tutorials in Week 5 but my game wiped and I've had to start from the beginning again...for the second time, so this is my third time doing this tutorial! 

Other than having to start again I thought this tutorial went pretty well. It was way shorter than Week 1's tutorial with there only being two parts and neither were that long. 


Image Information: Screenshot from my Unity 

The first part of the tutorial focused on bringing in new Game Objects and creating a prefab folder and making your Game Objects into Prefabs. This is really helpful because it means multiple game objects will all have the same settings applied to them. 

The second part of the tutorial focused on adding Rigidbodys and Box Colliders to the different Game Objects and Tilemaps. By adding these it makes the game a little more realistic, my character now can't float through an object like the metal cube and instead will now be stopped if it hits into it. 

It might be weird to say but I think my game wiping may have actually helped me understand what I'm doing a bit more and in the long run it might actually benefit me! 

Next up is Unity Tutorial 3... also for the third time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype