Unity Tutorial 05

So this weeks Unity Tutorials might have been the most straight forward ones so far. The steps were really easy to follow and it said each part of the tutorial would take 1 hour each, I don't think the two of them combined took me that long!

In the first part of the Tutorial I introduced a Cinemachine which basically is a better camera setup than the MainCamera that is in your scene when you create a new scene. By adding this I was able to attach it to my Ruby GameObject so that when I press play the camera follows wherever Ruby goes. I also created Camera Bounds so that the camera won't show anything outside of my map. One thing I did find a little confusing at first was the Layer Collision Matrix but with the help of the Tutorial i figured out what it all meant. 


Image Information: Screenshot of my Robot Prefab taken from Unity


The next part of the tutorial was adding a Smoke Particle Effect to my robot. Again, this was very easy to follow and step by step went through how to randomize the smoke effect, the size and the speed of the smoke to whatever way you want. 

At the start of the semester when I realised there were no video tutorials I was worried but the steps have been very detailed so it's worked out fine so far, hopefully it continues for the next 2 tutorials!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype