Unity Tutorial 6

At the start of this semester I said to myself I would get a good chunk of the Unity Tutorials over with as fast as I could, because I done this I haven't had to do any Unity for the past few weeks! When I started doing this weeks tutorial it wasn't so bad as I knew it was the second last one of the semester (and hopefully ever). 

I'm sure I have said it in previous blog posts but I much prefer the tutorials this semester. At the start of the semester when I seen there was no videos I was a bit worried I would have been able to follow but it's actually been easier reading step by step instructions. 

The two parts of this weeks tutorials were "Visual Styling" and "World Interactions". I had actually forgotten what the last thing I had done for the tutorials were so before I started I went back and read my previous blog post. 

The first part of the tutorial "Visual Styling" involved creating a UI Canvas so that you could see what your characters health is as you play your game. It will decrease when you collide with enemies and increase when you pick up the health collectible. I think it is a great touch to the game and makes it look even more professional. 

Image Information: Screenshot from my Unity 

The next part of the tutorial "World Interactions" focused on bringing a new character called Jambi into the game and then adding dialog. I thought that this element was really cool and that it added more depth to the game as it can add more objectives for your character. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Introduction To a Life in Isolation

Game Design Document

Prototype